Class IV – Ammonia sulphite Caramel( kusum Ammonia –Sulphite Caramel)
Caramel colour is the most widely used colorant in the soft drink industry. Because of the low pH of most carbonated beverages, E150d (Class IV) caramel colours are required for their acid stability.Generally the caramel colours are mixed in syrups or concentrates, which are then blended with carbonated water. Alternatively the syrup and water can be blended prior to the carbonation.
In addition to providing excellent reddish to brown hues, caramel colour can enhance soft drinks foaming characteristics, mouth feel, and flavour. Typical examples are colas, root beers, ginger ales, etc. In beverage concentrates, caramel colour has an emulsifying effect with the flavour oil. Caramel colour also functions as an emulsifying agent and helps eliminate the formation of certain types of flocculation.Caramel colour’s light protective quality also assists in preventing oxidation of the flavouring components in bottled beverages.
Kusum class IVcaramel colour is very stable in various processing and packaging conditions. Beverage manufacturers sometimes use the terms of “single strength” and “double strength”. They are general terms describing the relative colour strength of caramel colour and may cover different ranges of colour. Double strength caramel colour was originally developed for use in dietetic beverages as it reduces the caloric content contributed to the beverage by the caramel colour to about 25% of that contributed by a single strength .
However, double strength caramel colour also offers greater cost efficiency, which has contributed to its rapid acceptance. It is best to evaluate the specific application to determine the appropriate caramel colour.
KUSUM CARAMEL COLOURS SPECIFICATION
- SULPHITE AMMONIA PROCESS
- Sulfite Ammonia Caramel, Acid Proof Caramel, Soft Drink Caramel
- (Acid Proof , Negative Caramel Colour)
- Carbonated Beverages, Country Liquor, Rums, Sauces, Confectionery, Pharmaceuticals
- EEC No.
- he kusum Ammonia-sulphite Caramel is produced by a carefully controlled heat treatment of food grade carbohydrates with or without acids, alkalies or salts in the presence of sulphite & ammonium compounds.
PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
- Colour Intensity Percentage by Mass
- 0.10 - 0.60
- Baume @ 15.5°C
- 28.80 - 29.20
- Specific Gravity @ 20°C
- 1.25 - 1.28
- PH "as is "
- Ionic Character (Colloidal Carge)
- Standard Plate Count/g Max
- Yeast/g Max
- Mold/g Max.
- E.coli/g (MPN)
- Less than 3
- As per requirement
- STORAGE CONDITIONS:
- Not to be exposed to direct sun light. To be stored in dry environment below 32°C
- SHELF LIFE
- Though shelf life is One year under the above mentioned storage conditions, Good manufacturing practice recommends that product be rotated every year.
Ammonia Sulphite Caramel Gallery : -
Note : we also manufacture products as per customer’s specific requirement